- Gender Female
- Official Phone: 09-5232132
- Official Website Visit Page
- Official Address:
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AVIATION
Fed. Secretariat, Shehu Shagari Way
- Official Post Address:
Central Area, P.M.B. 229 Garki - Abuja.
- B.Sc: Zoology.
- M.Sc: Environmental Sciences.
- Scientific Officer II : Federal Ministry of Housing, Urban Development and Environment.. Started: 1977
- Director: Department of Planning and Evaluation - Federal Ministry of Housing, Urban Development and Environment.. Started: 1995
- Programme Coordinator: World Bank Environmental Management Project for Nigeria.
- Programme Director: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Assisted Programme on Environment and Natural Resources Management.
- Programme Director: Multilateral Funds Phased-Out Programme for Ozone Depleting Substances.
- Fellow (Fellowship): Nigerian Environmental Society.
- Fellow (Fellowship): Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD).
- Member (Membership): Scientific Committee of the Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF).
Other Official Information
Fax: +234 9 5233644
Other Personal Information
She was a member of Nigerian delegations to several sessions of the Governing Council of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and negotiating meetings of various international Conventions and Agreements including the Vienna Convention and Montreal Protocol for the Protection of the Ozone Layer, Basel Convention on the Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Convention on Biological Diversity. She was the Co-ordinator of the National Preparation Committee on the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), and participated actively in all the international Preparatory Committee (PREPCOM) meetings and negotiations on UNCED as well as the Earth Summit held at the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1992. She is currently the Head of the Division of Oil and Gas in the Department of Environmental Assessment of the Federal Ministry of Environment. Ms. Ene-Ita represents the Ministry of Environment on the Board of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC). She is a member of the Board of Foundation for Environmental Development and Education in Nigeria (FEDEN) representing the LEAD Fellows.
http://nigeriacan.org/web/advisory.php, http://www.lead.org/component/comprofiler/userprofile/NGBD1020, http://transformationwatch.com/2012/10/08/aviation-minister-signs-performance-contract-with-mdsceos-reads-riot-act/,